E2 Research is looking for a Project Assistant (communications and coordination)
Project Assistant (communications and coordination)
E2 Research is a politically independent, non-profit, multidisciplinary research institute based in Helsinki. We are looking for a project assistant specialising in project coordination and communication to work in two projects focusing on talent attraction and retention in Finland.
The aim of the projects is to increase dialogue with international talents (e.g. academics and other foreign experts) and support their career prospects, networking skills and participation in public discussion in Finland. Both projects are led by Research Director Mari K. Niemi.
As a project assistant, you will work in a team of five, and be a member of the wider E2 Research community. Your time will be divided between two projects, one focusing on research, other on development. The role includes participating in project meetings and project planning, planning and implementing project communication, participating in conducting surveys, and organising events together with the team and our partners in Helsinki and other parts of Finland. You will be producing communication materials (e.g event ads for social media, short videos) and help run our social media channels.
An ideal candidate
- Has a degree from a university or a university of applied sciences (e.g. In communication studies, journalism, social sciences, pedagogical studies, regional studies or business studies).
- Is motivated by the project theme and may have some expertise in the field (either theoretical, based on research of the topic, or practical, such as networks within international communities in Finland).
- Has excellent communication skills.
- Has experience in creating visual content (e.g.in using Adobe Creative Cloud).
- Has experience in using social media channels, ideally also in a professional capacity (e.g. Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram).
- Is systematic, and has excellent organisational skills.
- Is fluent in English. Skills in Finnish are a plus.
- Enjoys working as a team member, as well as carrying out independent tasks.
- Can relate to E2 Research values of building bridges and increasing understanding within society, and is passionate about research-based decision-making, societal interaction, networking and research communication.
E2 Research is located in Helsinki. In 2022 we will work in a hybrid mode, having one mandatory office day a week.
In your application, we would like you to tell us about your motivation for the position, as well as to reflect your skills upon the list of an ideal candidate.
Send your application and your expected salary, by 26th November to Mari K. Niemi, email@example.com.
All candidates will be informed, and the most suitable candidates will be invited for an interview over weeks 49–50.
Mari K. Niemi
Research Director, E2 Research
+44 7737 161 944